CMS_UAF_USERS Archives

June 2020, Week 2

CMS_UAF_USERS@LISTSERV.FNAL.GOV

From:
David A Mason <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David A Mason <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jun 2020 19:38:50 +0000
Greetings,

As several of you have experienced, the current version of EOS is prone to intermittent crashes causing storage nodes to become unavailable until they are restarted.  We now believe we have a working patch release for this problem, and have scheduled Weds AM from 8-12 FNAL time to deploy it.  Though we expect the actual service outage to be short, there will likely be periods where data is unavailable as we push this out to all the EOS storage nodes.  The upgrade will only affect EOS, other services should be unaffected.  Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for your patience in this!

—Dave