CMS_UAF_USERS Archives

May 2004, Week 2

CMS_UAF_USERS@LISTSERV.FNAL.GOV

From:
Lisa Giacchetti <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lisa Giacchetti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 May 2004 16:07:15 -0500
First: There were a series of oddities that caused the ibrix
file system to be unavailable over the weekend. These were
resolved around noon today but then we found out that an entry
in DNS was edited incorrectly for one of the servers. This entry
will not be reloaded until tomorrow. long story short - IBRIX
is currently technically available but only on a portion of the
workers.

Second:
The ibrix file system mounted at /storage/data2 on the UAF
and /storage/remote/data3 on the PG clusters will be unavailable
tomorrow from 8am until 10am. We are going to utilize this time
to execute a file system check to be sure things are in a
consistent state after the failures we had over the weekend
and before we begin the upgrade process.

Third:
The upgrade process announced for today and tomorrow
will be extended through Wednesday.

Thank you all very much for your patience!

lisa