CMS_UAF_USERS Archives

July 2004, Week 2

CMS_UAF_USERS@LISTSERV.FNAL.GOV

From:
Jon Bakken <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jon Bakken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 2004 17:08:47 -0500
I've received 2 mails from networking about 2 outages that will happen
this Thursday morning.  I am passing these along just for your
information.  We'll monitor the situation and try to make sure service is
working after the outage.

From: Donna Lamore <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Disruption to the site network on Thursday morning at 6:30am

Thursday morning, at 6:30am, the core router in the FCC
(r-s-hub-fcc) will be upgraded.  The outage is expected to
last for 10 minutes.  The outage will affect a large part of
the site network, including disrupting network access to FCC
computing resources, as well as access to the rest of the
site from CDF, D0, CMS User Facility, TD, the Fixed Target
area, the Village area, and the Site 38/39
area.

From: Andrey Bobyshev <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: firmware upgrade of production 3750 stack

  This Thursday, July 15th, in our regular maintenance time slot I am
going to upgrade firmware of the production C3750 stack on FCC2. During
upgrade there will be a few short disruptions of connectivity for up to
2-3 mins between 6:00am and 7:00am Let me know if there are any
objections, then I will re-schedule it.  An usual notification with the
exact maintenance time will be sent later in the netdown mailing list.